6th Annual Lamorinda Home Brewer Festival Info and Participant Signup Form
The LaMorinda Homebrew Competition, hosted by Orinda Theatre Square and sponsored by The Fourth Bore Tap Room & Grill is a wonderful chance for brewers to put the spotlight on their talent. There will be 6 professional brewer judges and 2 celebrity judges. There will also be the people’s choice awards. The event will be held on Saturday Sept 29th from 5PM to 8PM at Theater Square in Orinda. There will be live music and participating restaurants will have food specials being served throughout the competition and into the evening.
1. Each Brewer is suggested to bring 10.5 gallons of single batch beer or cider. Brewers are allowed to enter more than one style but each beer/cider must be a minimum of 10.5 Gallons.
2. We will allow professional brewers using commercial brewing and fermenting equipment provided the brew is a first run and it must not be allowed to be distributed/served anywhere before our competition.
3. An Entrant is one or more people that has actively contributed to the brewing of the beverage. A brew club is not an entrant
4. Entrants must be of the age of 21 or older.
5. Competition, staff, judges and anyone working the event are allowed to be entrants, however judges must abstain from judging on their own brew.
6. All Entrants must have a display of their style of beer/cider including the process to which it was made, including ingredients that are in the beverage.
Ticketing and Proceeds:
Proceeds from the event will be going to support local community projects and scholarships that benefit children whom have lost a parent.
Tickets can be purchased through the Fourth Bore Tap Room & Grill
Awards will be given for best beers, best name, best art design and attendee’s favorite.
As with every year we require a detailed description of brew process and accuracy in the style of beer.